Thursday, June 7, 2012

Ohio Trip (Picture Post)

We finally headed out last Thursday night about 6:30 PM...later than we had hoped, due to a little someone locking the keys in our van and then having problems with the electrical connections on the trailer we were pulling.  (Different story, but we ended up taking our pick-up on this trip and pulling a trailer and picking up and dropping off some items in exchange for $$)

We headed off into the sunset.  Or, in this case, away from the sunset.

Traveling went well. Jeremy and I pretty much always drive all night on our way to Ohio. I always dread it and then it always goes better than I think. The kids sleep. Jeremy and I take turns driving and I drink lots of caffeine and eat candy to stay awake.

After we arrived at Jeremy's parents house, we took a little nap and then got up and headed out.  We took the time to stop and eat lunch at Walnut Creek Cheese.  Yum-o!

The rest of the afternoon we helped out with getting final things done for the wedding the next day.  Lots of work!!

I took some pictures of some of Molly's (she is Jeremy's youngest sister) decorations in the reception area and the foyer of the church.  It was very pretty!









There were lots and lots of fresh flowers and Molly had made almost all of those flower pom-pom things herself. (150 of them!!)

That night we had rehearsal.  I was the only one of our family who didn't have a part in the wedding. Which I was totally fine with, btw.





Molly walking up the aisle with her Dad.


The day of the wedding we got up pretty early and got our whole family showered and dressed and looking our best! ;-)

The bridesmaids, Molly, and Nikki got ready in a little nursery at the church. The smell of perfume in there was pretty strong!



For some unknown reason, Nikki decided that she did not, after all, want to wear her white "puffy" dress. This was cause for tears (on her part) and some mother/daughter conversations. She ended up deciding to be happy and do her part, but it took quite a long time for that smile to show up on her face.

We went to this very pretty place (they called it "Wayne's place"...Wayne is apparently the owner of this big mansion and amazing grounds and he allows wedding parties to take pictures there) and took family pictures.


The big "reveal" -- Jay was standing in the gazebo waiting to see Molly in her wedding dress for the 1st time.


Waiting on Jay and Molly

Jeremy's sisters had bought these glasses with attached mustaches. They had a lot of fun with these. (This is all the bridesmaids and Jeremy)

My boys...messing around.

Now they've added Nikki to the mix...although she refused to wear the glasses.

Molly and Jay. Nikki stuck to Molly like glue. I started to feel sorry for Molly.

Jay and Molly with all of the siblings. Jeremy is the oldest and he has 4 sisters.

Just the Miller kiddos.

Super cute picture of Jay and Molly.  Molly was absolutely beautiful! She reminded me of a Barbie doll!

The Miller Sisters.

The picture in which the giant blonde-haired girl completely hides her husband from view. And...the veil must be fixed!

Molly with her parents.

Jay's side of the family.

LOVE this picture of Nikki and Molly!


We decided to take advantage of the fact that we were all dressed up at the same time and that Jeremy was wearing a suit for the 3rd time in his life.  I think the occasion called for a few family pictures of our own!



Nikki is still looking sad about the fact that she has to wear the "puffy" dress!

A kissing photo.  I am totally photo shopping my kids out of this picture and putting it on the wall in our bedroom!


A picture of my gift receiver boys.  They did an awesome job. (Can't get this picture to turn the right way for some reason??)

Yours Truly...Standing outside of the church. I took this picture for my friend Morgan.

The happily married couple!!  My only picture from the actual wedding.  I didn't really know if cameras were allowed during the wedding, and then I sort of forgot at the reception.  (another issue with rotating here)


After this...the aforementioned "happy couple" took off in their little decorated car and the rest of us got to clean up -- for hours.  You owe us one, Jay and Molly!


Sunday was truly a "day of rest" for us and Jeremy's family.  I slept in until 10 AM!!!! Not sure when I had last done that.  We just hung out with family for the day and some extended family came over in the evening.


Monday I had the privilege of hanging out with my beautiful (long time) friend Stephanie!
Even though things were pretty chaotic with 7 kids running around and my OCD'ness about fragmented conversation was tested...it was great to see her and her new foster baby and just chill and chat about anything and everything.



The kids made cards for their Gramma since it was her birthday that day.
They also played on the trampoline and in the garage and on the swingset.

We got Steph's husband to snap a picture of us after he got home.  I have to say, I think it turned out wonderfully!

I went to the store before I visited Steph and grabbed a few things for lunch.  Imagine my delight when I walked into the store and saw HOME-MADE whoopie pies.  Just like Thelma (fruitloops115) makes. In Wisconsin, you will not find homemade whoopie pies in a grocery store.  I bought a pack and they were gone before I left Steph's house. (I did not eat them all. Just to clarify!)


On Tuesday I had the privilege of hanging out with 2 other special friends...Di and Jenny.

We went out to eat for lunch and then hung out at Jenny's house.  I loved seeing Jenny's house and I loved going for lunch with these girls, but what I really loved was the awesome conversation!!  We covered many topics and I left feeling encouraged and refreshed!

We tried to get Elle to take our picture and when she refused (stranger danger!!) -- We had to resort to the long arm of Di to snap a picture of us.  Don't laugh.

Love this picture of Di.

Jenny and the "possibly-still-pouting" Elle.  This was just before we said our good-byes.


Other photos from the trip:

Monday evening some other family of Jeremy's came over to visit.


This is Jeremy and his cousin Dustin. They are almost the same age.

Jeremy's grandparents and his uncle Daniel.


There was egg collecting...my kids LOVE this and after they are at their Grandparents to visit, you will often hear them on the phone with Gramma...asking her how many eggs she found that day.

The other little girls are Jeremy's cousin Dustin's cuties.




There were horse rides for all of the kids...given by Jeremy's sisters Missy and Kim.  The kids absolutely LOVED it!!



We also played corn-hole toss, croquet, and kickball in the back yard.

And now...the kids were left behind in Ohio and Jeremy and I are back home.  We have 10 days alone!!! I cannot tell you how excited I am.

It is like a 2nd honeymoon.

But do you know what I think gives me the MOST pleasure when the kids are gone...(Don't laugh, ok?)

Being able to put something in its place and having it stay there.  No one making messes and coming along behind me and messing up what I just cleaned or straightened.

I seriously feel giddy just thinking about it!

Hope you enjoyed the pictures...Have a lovely weekend!

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had great time! Beautiful pictures and I would crop my kids out of the kissing photo too:-) And I LOL'd at your OCD-ness of fragmented conversations. I hate that too, but with four kids I don't think we've had non-fragmented conversation in years!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note or a comment. I will read each and every one!