Monday, June 25, 2012

Camping in Indiana

This past weekend we traveled to Indiana (with a stop at a scuzzy hotel...as I mentioned earlier) to pick up our kids from their Grandparents.

But, I was more excited than normal about the trip because we co-ordinated our trip so that we could meet up with some great friends of ours from Ontario, Canada at a campground near South Bend.

The Grandparents were willing to bring the kids to the campground on Saturday, since we had already driven more than 1/2 way to Ohio by the time we had gotten to South Bend.

We arrived at the campground at about 4 PM and our friends, Dave and Rach, along with their two little boys, had just arrived.

Super cool story:  Rach and I were good friends back at Maranatha Bible School in 1997. Yes, that is longer than 5 years ago, for those of you who, like me, consider the nineties to be very recent.

We lost touch for a lot of years and within the past 2 years, thanks to Facebook, we have reconnected and were able to get together a few times.  We introduced the boys to each other and they hit it off as well, which is always a bonus.

See...don't they look like they are super happy they met each other?

Well, maybe the one on the left look a little over-eager, but there is a story behind that.  It involves Dave's fear of getting too close to another guy and Jeremy trying to freak Dave out with coming on too strong! 

Anyway, we spent Friday evening, Saturday and most of Sunday morning at the campground.  This was the first time Jeremy and I have "tented it" since we bought our camper almost 3 years ago.  I remember now why we bought the camper! ;-)

It was a HOT and sunny weekend up until Saturday night, when it started to rain and our tent got a "tad" wet.  But we took it all in stride like good campers and we spread our sleeping bags out on the floor of our basement to dry out once we got home.

There was...AWESOME camping food...






(Even the guys helped to cook.  Well, actually, I should re-phrase.  One guy helped to cook.)


...Fun in the pool






(This was on Saturday after our kids got there)


...Great times of just hanging out and sitting around chatting

Side-ways picture of me...Can't figure out how to turn it...Techno dummy me...


...the filling of many water balloons



(Check out Jeremy's latest "statement T"...I'm so excited about it!)


...Cute Kiddos





...A breakfast at McDonald's before we headed out





...Awkward "morning after sleeping in tent and no shower for me" photos (Hey, at least Rach looks super cute with her trendy little hat)




...And last, but certainly not least...Dave wearing a beach towel as a scarf.
I think I sense a new trend in menswear coming on...

 



Also, there may or may not have been almost an ENTIRE giant party size bag of peanut butter M & M's (best candy in the whole world...can I get a witness?) consumed over the course of the weekend.

It was such a great time...laughter...just chill-axin'...eating...hanging out...reconnecting...

In a word:  Awesome!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note or a comment. I will read each and every one!