Monday, August 13, 2012

{Color} Red

I thought I might take some time on my blog and go back to the "random word of the day" idea.  I love doing that, because just a single word totally gets my creativity flowing and next thing you know, I've got a whole post written.  And since I need writing practice and since I like to write...it works perfectly. At least if I have the time.

Anyway, the word was "color".  I got to thinking about color and how life would be without color.  So dull and boring.

Winter in Wisconsin, really.

 Ha, ha.

But seriously, there are all of these beautiful colors around us...and how often do we just pass them by without even barely noticing.

I decided to dedicate this week to noticing color.

Maybe pick a color a day and try to photograph as many things as I can that are that color.

I chose red for today. Maybe because it is my favorite color.  Although I have other favorites too! ;-)

Let's just say I love color and mixtures of color.

So...what did I find today that was red?

Well...

These crayons...sitting on the counter where Nikki had abandoned her coloring project.  I pulled out the reds and snapped a picture.


My red peep toe heels.  I wore these on Friday night when we went out with friends.  I "think" they looked cute with my white skinny jeans and red shirt.  They were uncomfortable after a while. And I always figure if something is uncomfortable, then it must at least look nice, right?


I know this doesn't look red, but it is RED PEPPER hummus.  That and some pita chips were the main part of my lunch.  Super yummy!


Beautiful raspberries that I bought for some fruit kabob thingy-s that I am making for Nikki's birthday party tomorrow.


Fresh tomatoes...from my little garden, nonetheless.  Kind of makes me happy.

See that red "v" on there?  And the word "victor".  Yup, that was me today. I caught that darn mouse and I threw him out in the woods.  The trap is set again and baited with peanut butter, because I am thinking he might have had a buddy!


A red pack of playing cards.  The boys have really been into playing Solitaire and today they learned how to play something called "Double Solitaire".  Somehow, seeing them play with cards instead of with electronics warms my heart.

When I see that little red "message" icon on Facebook, I always feel this little surge of joy and anticipation.  Who could be messaging me?  What is it about?  Yes, my life is pretty uneventful!

And that is all my "reds" for today.  Did you notice anything red in your world today?

Tomorrow's color:  Pink
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your sites really nice,
    keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back later. All the best

    Take a look at my web blog: http://wiki.opendune.org

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note or a comment. I will read each and every one!