Monday, August 20, 2012

{Color} Green

One thing I realized as I was photographing green today.  There are MANY shades of green.  Some of them so different that I hardly know if they can all be called green.

I guess I think of the basic color green like the crayon in the Crayola 8 pack.  Which I think is pretty similar to the color of grass.  But wow! There are a lot of different variations and shades of that.  I didn't probably photograph a lot of "true green", because I didn't see a lot of that today.

But...this picture might come the closest.

We live in the middle of the woods.  Literally.  The color green surrounds me so much (in the summertime) that I barely notice it.  Its like green is the backdrop and then any other color is something you would notice.

But, whenever it is wintertime and then I look at a picture of the woods in the summertime, I realize how much I love all of the green that is around here when the trees are leafed out.


This is a beautiful pine tree that is on the edge of our lawn.  Also, across the road from our house is a "pine plantation", which is just rows and rows of pine trees.  They are really pretty.


Am I the only one who LOVES to find things from my childhood and then use them in my own home? I think there are others who can relate. So, when I found this set of 4 "vintage" Tupperware cups at a garage sale (for a dollar, I think)...I snatched them up. It makes me happy to have my children using the same cups that I used as a child.


I went grocery shopping today and I was going to photograph everything I bought that was green.  But I think that this lettuce was about the only thing.  Plus, by the time I got done shopping with all three children and was trying to get ready to go camping, I was not so much in the mood to sort and organize all of the possible green items in the grocery bags I brought home. Have I mentioned that I pretty much hate grocery shopping? 


Green towel on the top of one of my overflowing laundry baskets. My washing machine has been broke down for close to a week and the laundry is SO piling up!!


This is a lime-green Sponge Bob ball that belongs to the boys.  It must have just been lying around in the living room, so I threw it into the little bin with their cars (and a stray football)


Derrick...wearing a green shirt and "playing his time".  The kids are allowed a 1/2 hour of electronics per day and Derrick usually spends his playing the Play Station 2.  He always wants to save his time till the end of the day, instead of using it first thing. My other two kids...not so much.


I had already shown you this shirt (that I recently purchased at Kohl's) a week or two ago. I literally looked through my closet for green shirts, and I noticed that almost everything I own is more of a blue/green or a teal than a true green. This is probably the closest I come to having anything green to wear. This shirt is more true green than it appears in this picture.


I wore this cami today...underneath a sweater.  Again, it is more of a blue/green color.


And I wore these feather earrings (a gift from my dear friend Becky) along with the above outfit.  I still smile to myself when I remember Beth Goodrich saying that these small feather earrings could be the "gateway earrings" into wearing larger feathers in the future.  It was SO dang funny when she said that!!


My green Pampered Chef knife that I use all.the.time. Here, I had just got done cutting up strawberries. I love this knife.  It stays so sharp.  Plus, pretty much all my other knives are crap, so maybe that makes this one stand out more!


Derrick...sitting around the campfire at our campsite...with his green can of "Morning Mist" or whatever the off brand of Sprite is called around here!

I feel like I didn't quite do green justice today, but I photographed what I could.  Green is a pretty color...in all its various shades!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note or a comment. I will read each and every one!