Tuesday, August 28, 2012

{Color} Brown

Well, it has taken a long time to get around to this post because I didn't get the post done on the weekend and then yesterday and today I have been fighting a flu bug.  I seem to be getting some better, so I am hoping that by tomorrow I feel OK again.

This flu thing has been going around. Mostly sore throat, headache, fever, etc.  It tends to only last a day or two.  Two of my kids had it previously, so I guess I must have caught it from them.

Anyway, I think that last Friday was my "brown" day.  The last of the color posts.

Without further ado...I introduce you to some of the brown in my world. (I think brown has to be, like, the ugliest color ever. It hardly even seems like a color.)


One of the first things I do every morning is fix my bed.  I often think of this {odd} advice my Mom gave me before I got married.  She said "Audrey, I just wish you would learn to fix your bed in the mornings.  And eat breakfast instead of skipping it."

Apparently I took her advice, because now I ALWAYS do those two things.

Our room has almost no brown in it, but our red silk sheets had seen their better days and at a Black Friday sale they had these micro-fiber sheets on sale.  They are really nice! Only, problem, they didn't have red or black sheets, so we ended up with brown. 


The thing is...once I get the whole bed fixed, you can hardly tell there are brown sheets under there. So its all good.


This is the ceiling fan in our living room. It's brown. But that is not what this story is about.

Nikki and I were sitting on the couch on Thursday night, looking through our respective "In Style" magazines, when I noticed it seemed really dark in the living room.  Turns out, two of the light bulbs were burned out.  I went and grabbed some light bulbs, got a stool, and climbed on up there to change them.  Apparently, I either forgot that the fan was whirring at a great rate of speed or else I just mis-calculated the distance to the fan. Either way, that fan hitting into my head at full speed did NOT feel good.  At all.  For days, I could feel the spot where the blade hit me. Thank God that He made our heads really hard! 


Our dirt road. It looked especially brown this morning because it had just rained.


The ferns are starting to lose a lot of their green color and turn to brown.  :-(


A brown shirt that was given to me by a client when they came back from a hunting trip to South Africa. I was touched that she thought of getting a gift for me.  I tried to wear this shirt today, but honestly, it is just too small for me and it kept riding up and showing off more of my stomach than I like to have people (even my kids) see.  So, I ended up changing.


Nikki had a birthday party to attend, so the boys and I dropped her off and then went to a few garage sales.  One garage sale was all kinds of OLD stuff. Nothing that I am really interested in, but I know that some of the stuff I am looking at is really cool, if I would just know what to do with it. I think of people like Jenny K and Rachel B and wonder just what great finds I am passing up.

Here are some pictures of "brown" things that were among the many items at this garage sale.







We walked out of there with something Kendall bought for a quarter. I can't even remember what it was. 

And then we went grocery shopping and picked Nikki up from the party and came home and had some supper and went to a high school football game.

And that was the end of the "brown" day.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note or a comment. I will read each and every one!