Wednesday, August 15, 2012

{Color} Pink

It was not by accident that I chose today to be the "pink" day.

Beings it was Nikki's 5th birthday party and I knew there would be lots of pink floating around.

Side note: Pink is probably my favorite color to wear.  At least judging from the number of pink shirts that I have in my closet.  But not baby (light) pink...more like a deep pink or a dark pink. Just wanted to clarify that.

Anyway, without further ado, here are my "pink" pictures:

This ring I bought recently. I decided that I want to start wearing more rings. So I bought some. Anyway, I kind of really like this one!


This is, specifically, "blankie and puppy".  They have no other names.  The blankie is a replacement blanket that Nikki probably got when she was 2 or so and "puppy" is a gift from her cousins. They are definitely her comfort items. She sleeps with them, she asks for them when she is upset and she will usually come out of her room with them in the morning.


The birthday girl (she is at the stage where she makes this weird/awkward face for her pictures) 
Pink on the crown and pink on the dress


The balloons hanging above the table.


The "princess" table setting.  Lots of pink here.  We did little shaped (high heels and crowns) sandwiches, princess fruit "wands" and shaped cheese with crackers.  Here are close-ups of the food, in case you are interested.








The Dairy Queen cake.  That was what Nikki requested this year.


Nikki opening her present from us...with the pink wrapping paper.  Still wearing her (pink) pajamas. The gift inside was a talking doll.


One of Nikki's friends at the party...wearing THE cutest little pink swimsuit.


Swinging at the pinata

**No one was injured in the bursting of the pinata


All of the friends (except for little cousin Sherra who preferred to stay out of the pool)


A pink book of activities for girls.  A gift from a friend.


All in all, it was a very good day. Everyone played nicely, they had a fun time, and I made it through. I love throwing my kids' birthday parties, but I think I always feel exhausted by the time it is over!

So...here's to pink. And the fact that my only and baby girl is now 5 and starts school in less than 3 weeks!! 

I guess time flies when you're having fun!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note or a comment. I will read each and every one!