Thursday, August 16, 2012

{Color} Blue

Somehow, writing that title made me think of that old Leeanne Rimes song.  You know the one?  Called "Blueueueueueueueue".   She was only 13 and had the voice of a twenty-something.

Personally, I always thought that song was a little too whiny and I preferred her "One Way Ticket" song. Something about the idea of catching a train west and just seeing how far it would go appealed to me.  Still does some days! ;-)

Anyway, yesterday was all about blue.

My day started with my walk/run.  I never feel right saying I went for a "run" when I walk over 1/2 of the time.  It would be better defined as a walk with spurts of running.  Depending on how energetic I feel that particular morning.

I have absolutely loved my morning routine this past 6 weeks or so.  I do my walk/run, I come back and make my coffee, and by then it is about 7 PM, so I usually have about an hour before the kids get up.


My coffee maker has a blue light on it. 


I sit down in my blue chair beside my little table where my books and Bible are stacked.  My little "reading room" is just off of the kitchen, but I have this curtain hanging in between. 

The curtain falls down a lot. Especially when my daughter is riding her tricycle through the kitchen.  But recently I put a few nails below the rod and I am hoping that will stabilize it.


By the time I took a picture of my blue reading chair, it had an early morning occupant.  Who apparently did not want her face photographed!


The gorgeous blue sky!!


My friends and I thought that it was going to be a rainy day, so we planned a PJ and movie afternoon.  But, it turned out to be a lovely day, so there were less movies and more playing outside.  But, we still wore our sweatpants and pj's. Because who wants to pass up an opportunity to be super comfy?

I thought about taking a picture of my beautiful friend Morgan in her blue shirt and blue and green pj pants, but I didn't figure she would let me post that picture on my blog.

Before we left for the day, I realized that we were all wearing blue in some form. Without even trying.

This was attempt #3 by my young photographer. He finally got BOTH my head and all of my skirt on one picture, but...he sat on the floor to take it and therefore I look like I am a giant towering over him. Which I was, I guess.

But when it was time for a picture of him in his blue shorts, he did not want to look at the camera. Hence the crossed arms and lowered head.

This kid was a little more cooperative.

And this one was more than happy to pose in her little blue jean skirt.  (one of her FAVORITE pieces of clothing this summer, btw) 

There is a problem in our household right now because my washing machine has been out of service all week.   My dear daughter only likes to wear about 10 pieces of clothing out of her MANY, many clothing choices.  Therefore, by day 4 of not doing laundry, she is wanting to pick through her dirty clothes basket for something to wear.  Which I did not allow her to do.  So we had a little clothing war this morning.  I ended up setting the timer and telling that if she did not pick out something to wear in 2 minutes, she WOULD be wearing whatever I picked for her.  Guess what? She found something to wear.  Because God forbid Mom would pick it out for her!! 

Along those same lines, I almost had to laugh to myself when we were at the doctor (Nikki got her kindergarten shots -- she did awesome, btw) yesterday and the young, perky, female doctor asked her if she dresses herself in the morning.  Uh...HECK, YEAH!

After Nikki's shots, they let her pick something out of the prize drawer. They have sucks and other small toys in a drawer and the kids can pick out of it.  My boys were with me, so they let everyone pick something. Derrick got a blue sucker and a blue sticky finger thing.


This picture does not do them justice...but my son Kendall has the prettiest blue eyes with these super long, gorgeous eye lashes (he inherited those from his Daddy).  His eyes are so sparkly and mischievious and just so pretty. Maybe I shouldn't say his eyes are pretty, because he is a boy, but they just are!

My baseball cleats...laced up and ready to play. I can't decide if that strip on the front is purple or blue, but I decided that for today, they would be blue!

We played a double-header last night and we won one game and lost the other.  We even played in the drizzling rain part of the time.  And I had a good time!! 

We did watch a "blue team" (their team t-shirts are bright blue) playing before my game started, but I didn't have my camera with me, so there is no picture of that. 

It was a busy day...full of friendships and fun!  And plenty of blue.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note or a comment. I will read each and every one!