Thursday, January 31, 2013

RWOTD {Whispered}

This is something I have come to realize:

If you don't hear what is whispered to you, eventually you won't hear a shout either. The ears of your soul become deaf from lack of use.

I am so glad that I serve a God who {most often} uses whispered thoughts as a way to communicate with me.  I am glad that He doesn't demand or force His way in my life or yell at me.  Because I don't think that is what love looks like.

This is something that I have been thinking about a lot lately...the whispers of God's wisdom.

He gives us our intuition and Godly wisdom {not OUR wisdom...note the difference} for a reason. 

I have too often ignored God's whispered warnings and ended up regretting it.  He loves me enough to care about the trouble I may be walking towards or the situation that may end badly if I don't pay attention to my intuition.

But when I let "obvious facts" override God-given wisdom...the results are usually not good.

I think that part of the reason we ignore whisperings is because we are too busy cruising through life on auto-pilot to really pay attention to the small stirrings in our hearts and souls. 

When we actually slow down and take the time to listen to what our heart is telling us, it can be quite enlightening. Maybe even a little scary in some ways, which may be the reason we don't "go there" more often.

Having the confidence and trust in God that leads to a confidence within ourselves as we face the myraid of situations that life throws at us is priceless.  And not to be tossed aside as if it is lacking value.

Pinned Image

Due to a number of circumstances in my life, I have recently went through a period of time where I had a lot of doubt in my own ability to hear God's voice.  It feels quite unsettling to second guess everything, to not be sure of yourself and to just pile guilt on yourself for things that maybe aren't even your issue.

God has shown me, in a most kind and loving and uplifting way, that I am able to trust myself. To not get too caught up in other people's opinions. To trust my instincts. To state my needs with clarity.  To hear His whispers. 

And then to CHOOSE to rest in that.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note or a comment. I will read each and every one!