Thursday, January 17, 2013

RWOTD {Some}

I would think that anyone who has blogged for some length of time goes through those "non-writing" periods of their lives.

There can be many reasons for that. A new baby. A new job.  A change of schedule. Feeling like there is nothing new to say.  Or, like me lately, the things that are going on seem to be too hard to put into words. And even if you could, they feel too personal to share.  And the urge to write just kind of goes underground for a while.

I wouldn't even say that my desire to write has returned, but I thought I would give it a shot today. I do miss writing to a certain extent and I miss the interaction that comes with blogging.

So...here goes nothing (as the saying goes)

Since I have last blogged there has been...

{some} days of Christmas vacation for the kids.  Twelve days in a row off of school, to be exact. They flew by, for the most part!

Just chillin' on the coffee table.

{some} visiting with family.  Lots of that, actually.  Jeremy's parents came from Ohio over Christmas, bringing with them lots of gifts!  It was really nice to have them here!  And then we spent a day and a half over Christmas with my family.


(Jeremy's parents with the kids)

Playing "Dice" or "10,000" with the family

My Dad opening a gift our kids made for him and Mom (some personalized plates)

My oldest brother Loren and his wife Lourdes...lounging

My sister Debbie with her daughter Sherra

Jeremy's parents again...with Nikki

{some} good-byes.  My sister Lynette and her husband Paul left the Saturday after Christmas to move back to Grenada. For good.  It was hard to say good-bye.  They will be so missed!  And, my brother Joe left for a 6 week trip to Brazil around the same time.

Lynette and Paul - And my niece Lori

My brother Joe

{some} gifts were opened.  Ok. Lots of gifts.

I LOVE this picture of our family that Kendall drew.  For one, he made me super skinny.





The carnage.


{some} supernatural clarity about some issues in my life.  I continue to be amazed at how God is such a PERSONAL God and how He speaks to me in ways that I will understand and that are meaningful to me. (This blurb is the part that I could write pages and pages about...if I was able to put it all into words.)


{some} good times with friends. Including New Year's Eve.  We are so rockin' now that we are all in our 30's.  Do you know what us girls did on New Year's Eve??  We worked on a 1,000 piece puzzle.  It was super-duper hard and I complained a lot. 


This was not the puzzle we did, but this was one I did last weekend.

{some} re-evaluation of the way that I do life.  And relationships. Particularly my marriage.  Choosing to not let fear and old patterns control me.

{some} yummy food.  For sure.  Jeremy's Mom brought SO much candy it was insane.  I shared some and we still have a bunch of it around.  I made buckeyes and the day before the kids went back to school we finally got around to making sugar cookies.  They turned out awesome. For once.  And my Mom always goes "all out" with the Christmas meal, too!


Her hair was done in a whole bunch of little braids after we washed it so that "it would be curly for school" the next day.

{some} getting back into taking my multi-vitamin and exercising. Yes, those two are related. The multi-vitamin gives me the energy I need to be able to exercise.  Ironic how this point comes right after the "yummy food" part!

{some} dates with kids.  One for me with Kendall and one for Jeremy with Derrick.  Always a good time!


{some} sickness.  Every.last.one.of.us got the flu over Christmas break.  I had said some words to Jeremy about how he "catches the kids' sicknesses because he lets himself get too run down, blah, blah, blah" and then guess who got sick next??  And took a long time to get over it completely.  I guess I should learn to not speak quite so quickly.

{some} being stuck in a rut with suppers lately.  Taco soup.  Chicken and rice.  Fish and rice.  Potato soup. Meatballs and potatoes.  I am trying to make healthy meals and I feel like that always cuts down on my options.

{some} working on a living room re-do project with my friend/consultant Angie of "Melting Pot Interiors".  I am excited about it all and especially excited about the finished product! 

What have you been doing {some} of lately?]
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note or a comment. I will read each and every one!