Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Discipline Advice Wanted

This is a picture of Nikki's dollhouse.  I bought it for her (along with a whole bunch of furniture and accessories) at a garage sale a couple of years ago.  She loves it. Or so I thought.

Looks pretty cute, doesn't it?

Well, how about, if one day you are playing downstairs with your older brother, and you two decide (for reasons quite unknown) that it would be really fun to bang on the dollhouse with this:

A toy hockey stick.


Now, one side of the dollhouse roof looks like this. ^^

The other side looks like this ^^ -- And, if you remove the little hankey that they so thoughtfully stuffed into the hole in the middle of the roof, it actually looks like this
(See below)


I was QUITE upset with them!!

Jeremy and I have been trying to think of a proper punishment.

Plus, I am just always curious how another parent would respond to something like this. 

Would you just laugh it off and say "Kids will be kids", would you scold them and let it be, or would you be upset and mete out some sort of punishment?

Jeremy and I felt like they were definitely being purposely destructive.  It was NOT an accident. They were both involved. We are trying to think of a punishment that fits the crime.

Help, please!


And, while we're at it:  I have another issue with the kids that I am currently undecided on.

The other day they played ball in the yard. We have told them over and over and over that when they are done playing ball outside, they must bring everything in.

Well, they didn't.

The dog picked ONE ballglove to chew on and destroy, and it was mine!!

Not only is that glove very important to me because I love how it catches and I am used to it, but also, gloves are not cheap to buy.

Would you make the boys pay for a new glove? Help to pay for one?  What would be your response to that?

I feel like I should sign this like they used to do in those "Dear Abby" letters in the newspaper.

How about --

"Disappointed Donna"




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note or a comment. I will read each and every one!