Friday, May 25, 2012

5 minutes on "Opportunity"

Today I am linking up with Gypsy Mama...a great blogger who I discovered (and came to love) a while ago.

The challenge is to write for 5 minutes...unedited and uninhibited.

The topic of the day is "Opportunity"

We'll see how this turns out...

And...

GO

Every day is FULL of them.

Opportunities, that is.  It is up to us what we do with them.

The word opportunity can evoke feelings of hope and feelings of joy.  We have a chance.

But when we blow an opportunity, it can leave us feeling depressed and guilty and worthless.

I wouldn't even know how to count the number of opportunites that present themselves to us each and every day.

Opportunites to be kind or to be unkind.

Opportunities to listen.  Opportunities to speak.

We have the option each day as to what we will do with the opportunities that come our way.

It can be a sobering thought when you realize how much opportunity is squandered.

Our words and our actions are SO powerful and can affect others so strongly...whether for good or for bad.

The word "opportunity" reminds me a lot of the word "choice".  I think that they are somewhat synonymous.

The good news is...when you have "blown in" and have completely missed or botched an opportunity, there is always a new day.

We don't need to live with regret for what we missed, but we should look ahead to what is coming.  Wallowing in the past and wishing things were different never really helped anyone.  We need to move on and thank God that every day brings new opportunities with it.

So whether you feel like you totally knocked it out of the park today or if you feel like you have totally blown it...remember that opportunites are like raindrops.

They fall on the deserving and the undeserving and they come around often.  We just need to open our hearts and our minds and let the possibilities wash over us.

DONE
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, love this post about opportunity! I also have wondered how many opportunities I miss & why I sometimes squander the precious time I do have on things that will never matter a million years from now.

    And the new blog is lovely! I look forward to your posts & love how you can put your thoughts out there for the world to see.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note or a comment. I will read each and every one!