Friday, February 15, 2013

5 Minute Friday {Beloved}

I am linking up today with The Gypsy Mama's 5 minute Friday.

The word is "Beloved" and here are the rules that she has posted on her blog.

1. Write for 5 minutes flat with no editing, tweaking or self critiquing.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in {you can grab the button code in my blog’s footer}.
3. Go and tell the person who linked up before you what their words meant to you. Every writer longs to feel heard.


GO

When I think of the word "beloved" my mind just continues to gravitate towards God.  We are His Beloved.  He created us to be the objects of His love and for us to return that love to Him.

Growing up, I didn't hear much about the love of God or His grace. Maybe it was just my filter or my personality, or maybe there really wasn't much of that teaching TO hear, but either way, the reason is not the point.

I grew up scared of God and feeling like He was always disappointed with me and frustrated with me. I struggle with feeling this way to this very day.

I feel like I am on a life long mission to learn what it means to really understand that I AM God's beloved.

I have been listening to this youtube video by Graham Cooke and it is SO good for me to hear.  I so desperately want this truth of how God feels about me to totally sink into my heart and not just be a head knowledge.  I would totally encourage you to take the time to listen to this video. It is about 8 minutes long.

Close your eyes.  Meditate on the words that he is saying. And the words that He is saying.  Let it soak in.

I believe that understanding our role as the Beloved of God's will revolutionize our lives, if we can just really "get" it.  It will change the way we view ourselves.  It will change the way we view our relationships with others. And most importantly, it will change our view of God.

I had an experience about a month ago that almost feels too sacred to write about, but God really, really made His love real to me in a euphoric, uplifting, sacred, amazing way.  The feeling that I had when I had even just a glimpse of His radical love for me gave me a small taste of what I might be missing by not really grasping or understanding the way that He loves me.

STOP
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Yes! I understand completely. I've been a Christian my whole life, yet I didn't truly understand this concept of his grace-filled love until I was about 30.

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Audrey, You expounded on my idea beautifully. I had a similar experience with my childhood and not understanding God's love. Thank you for His Goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing. I love it when God shows up and does something so radical that we can't deny He is taking the time to connect with us. Thank you for sharing this. I'll listen to this video (I love me some Jonathan Helser too!). Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this beautiful message of love. I am glad that I stopped by today. Cheers, Shanae

    ReplyDelete
  5. Learning about God's love, how to receive it, believe it and give it is a journey. Sometimes, I think if we knew about it all at once, we would be overwhelmed - so it is a slow reveal - paced for each individual need. I wish that reveal had started when I was young, like it has done with my boys - but He was there - just waiting to allow me to Be Loved - I just didn't realize then that He loved me as much as Peter, James and John - didn't realize I was that important to Him:) Wishing you much blessing in this love reveal!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note or a comment. I will read each and every one!